Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Failed

I think I’m a pretty decent judge of character. Although this definitely has its benefits, when my tendency to judge becomes entangled with the “glass is half empty” attitude, my inner thoughts can be quite cruel. Thankfully, my frontal lobe functions the majority of the time, and these thoughts never are verbalized. Spoken or not, these thoughts about others are not what I want reeling through my mind, so I frequently find myself turning to God.

I know that I can’t possibly tackle this on my own. I continuously ask God to work on my heart so I can see other people more like he views them. I have come a little ways with this, but I’ll be the first to admit that this is not an instinctive thing for me. I have to constantly remind myself that God perfectly and uniquely created people so that I may love, not judge.

That being said, when I saw a person like this walking along,



(I found this picture via Google, but I did indeed see someone doing this recently. Please note that only one picture similar to what I witnessed came up when I searched for "cat in baby carrier." There's a reason for this!)

before I could even consciously realize what was happening, I was thinking, “Someone has an unhealthy pet-owner relationship. Poor cat. His lonely owner must be a mentally unstable weirdo who obviously has an attachment disorder likely triggered by unresolved abandonment issues.”

Ok, so maybe I failed a test set out before me. Seriously though, normal people don’t do things like this.

2 comments:

Keeslermom said...

Yup, I'm getting me one of them for Milo. It's real purty!

You think I could claim he's a "service cat"?

Jamie Wheelahan said...

LMAO!