Friday, April 13, 2012

Equal

J loves pizza.  If he had it his way, he'd have pizza for every meal.  When he does get his wish and has cheap, frozen pizza for a meal, he knows that I always cut it into eight pieces.  As soon as the pizza makes it out of the oven (and sometimes even before it goes in), J assumes the role of pizza keeper

As pizza keeper, he makes sure every triangular slice is accounted for and is visibly irritated if he has to share more than a piece or two.  Luckily for him, E is more of a chicken noodle soup kind of girl, so she rarely puts up a pizza fight.  I, however, sometimes mess with him just to see his reaction...

Me:  What do you want for supper tonight?

J:  Frozen pizza!

E:  Chicken noodle soup!

Me:  E, you don't want any pizza?

E:  No, I'll have mac 'n cheese.

Me:  You have 'til we get home to make up your mind.  J and I will share the pizza then.

J:  (Disappointed sigh.)

Me:  I'll have six slices and J can have two.

J:  What?!?

Me:  Ok, I'll have seven and you can have one.

J:  That's not okay.

Me:  Alright, how many pieces would we each get to make it equal?

J:  Just make two pizzas, then we'll each have eight. 

Not the answer I expected, but definitely a smart one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! A comment that totally fits his personality!

Leese said...

The last day of school calls for an all day pizza feast!