Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blessed

I thought I had myself all figured out, but then I became a mother.

God has used motherhood as an avenue to slowly reveal so much about me to me. It’s allowed me the opportunity (between loads of laundry, dirty diapers, and wiping pee off the bathroom floor) to reflect upon my priorities, goals, skills, weaknesses, and flaws. The majority of what has been unveiled has not always been easy to accept, so I’m thankful that this revelation has been more of a slow process rather than a quick draw of a curtain.

I could go on for days about all the things that have become so clear to me since the two pink lines magically appeared before my eyes nearly five years ago. Today as I celebrate my fourth Mother’s Day as a mom, one lesson is so clear… I AM BLESSED! I love being a mom. The indescribable, yet imperfect love I have for my babies is just a taste of the perfect love that our Father God has for me. There is nothing more comforting than knowing and feeling that love.

I have a LONG way to go in my quest for living a more selfless life, but having the privilege and responsibility to show God’s love to these miracles makes it all worth it.








2 comments:

Keeslermom said...

We are all perfect parents....until we have the baby.

Jamie Wheelahan said...

Beautifully written. I can't wait to experience this part of life.