Usually our car is filled with noise. It’s generally music or chatter, but noise nonetheless. Last week I was driving the kids home from daycare, and we had a rare quiet moment in the car. J broke the silence by solemnly stating, “I think I’m going to die young.”
As a parent, this was unsettling to hear. No mom wants to imagine losing her child at any age. Our conversation went on to reveal that by young he meant “around 20” and his cause of death will be due to “getting really sick.”
Time will tell if his prophecies will play out. I don’t know what our future will bring; however, J’s words are not going to cause me any lost sleep. That will be due to the late night blogging and the super hero dreams he has been having. I do know that God is faithful and good ALL the time and has promised us more than this world could ever offer to us.
I also know that this was a much needed reminder to consider how I’ve been spending time with my family lately. I spend a fair amount of time with my family, but unfortunately I’ve allowed the ever so important “quality” characteristic to slip away. It’s time to get back on track. So if you’ll excuse me, I have two sweethearts to play with today.
No comments:
Post a Comment